Young Professionals of Blair County
Young Professionals of Blair County organizes yearlong activities geared toward the development of young professionals in Blair County.
Mission: Provide young professionals a community in which to grow professionally, personally, and civically.
Vision: Support the transformation of Blair County.
Values: Leadership * Inclusion * Relationships * Community * Development * Fun
Visit the Young Professionals of Blair County Facebook page.
* *Young Professionals of Blair County defines a young professional as anyone ages 18-40.
Young Professionals of Blair County Spotlight
1. Work title & place of employment
Career Counselor, Career Services Office at Penn State Altoona
2. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Blair County?
As a student at Penn State, I did my internship with the Chamber and spearheaded a young professional’s event. As an intern, I was thankful for the opportunity to work for The Chamber and network with business professionals. It’s nice to be able to join the committee, now as a professional, and collaborate with others.
3. As a Young Professional, what has been the most valuable part of getting involved with the Young Professionals of Blair County?
I love networking and being able to share ideas with professionals who specialize in different careers.
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend time with my family (2 ½ year old daughter, husband, Sulley (Old English Sheepdog), and Madelyn (Black Lab). I also started an art business called Ollie’s Heart, which I work on when I have spare time.
5. What is your favorite thing about Blair County?
It’s a great place to raise a family. When it comes to the outdoors, there is plenty to do as a family…hiking, boating, canoeing, fishing, etc.
6. If there is one thing other members should know about you, what would it be?
My dog is as tall as I am and my art business “Ollie’s Heart” was started all because of my Sheepdog.
Oh yea….and my brother is Rob Z (Rob Wentz).
7. Where is your favorite place to eat in Blair County?
We don’t have just one favorite place to eat, however, if we were to choose the place with the best atmosphere we like Champs.
8. Name one thing you want to accomplish in your career:
I would like to someday focus on growing my art business and having my artwork recognized.
9. What is your favorite quote?
"The future depends on what you do today" Gandhi