Young Professionals of Blair County
Young Professionals of Blair County organizes yearlong activities geared toward the development of young professionals in Blair County.
Mission: Provide young professionals a community in which to grow professionally, personally, and civically.
Vision: Support the transformation of Blair County.
Values: Leadership * Inclusion * Relationships * Community * Development * Fun
Visit the Young Professionals of Blair County Facebook page.
* *Young Professionals of Blair County defines a young professional as anyone ages 18-40.
Young Professionals of Blair County Spotlight
1. Work title & place of employment
Director of Community Relations, Altoona Curve Baseball
2. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Blair County?
I joined because this group is a great way to network and meet other business professionals in a similar life stage and age as myself.
3. As a Young Professional, what has been the most valuable part of getting involved with the Young Professionals of Blair County?
As a transplant in the area, it has been a great way to meet new people in the area within the professional community which helps both professionally and personally. The events the YPOBC puts on are diverse with networking and educational events to help with all aspects of life.
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy golfing, going to the movies, boating, fishing, and watching any sports.
5. What is your favorite thing about Blair County?
Mountains. They don’t have those in Michigan where I grew up. They are so pretty!
6. If there is one thing other members should know about you, what would it be?
We can talk about things other than baseball and sports!
7. Where is your favorite place to eat in Blair County?
Tough one. I like Champs, Tim’s American Café, Front Street Deli, and Jethro’s.
8. Name one thing you want to accomplish in your career:
One goal was to work for a championship team, the Curve did that this year!
9. What is your favorite quote?
“If it’s not funny, you don’t have to laugh.” – Amy Poehler