Young Professionals of Blair County
Young Professionals of Blair County organizes yearlong activities geared toward the development of young professionals in Blair County.
Mission: Provide young professionals a community in which to grow professionally, personally, and civically.
Vision: Support the transformation of Blair County.
Values: Leadership * Inclusion * Relationships * Community * Development * Fun
Visit the Young Professionals of Blair County Facebook page.
* *Young Professionals of Blair County defines a young professional as anyone ages 18-40.
Young Professionals of Blair County Spotlight
1. Work title & place of employment
Marketing Specialist, Keller Engineers, Inc.
2. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Blair County?
I wanted to become more involved in the community, both personally and professionally. I had an interest in joining a group that would enable me to network with my peers, as well as to create/attend events to bring other young professionals together to grow professionally and have some fun.
3. As a Young Professional, what has been the most valuable part of getting involved with the Young Professionals of Blair County?
Surrounding myself with peers who are motivated professionally, whom I may not have met through business or current connections.
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love spending time with my family and friends… I enjoy most anything amongst a good group of people.
5. What is your favorite thing about Blair County?
I love the mom & pop restaurants that we are fortunate to have in this area.
6. If there is one thing other members should know about you, what would it be?
I like to meet new people and try out new brews and restaurants.
7. Where is your favorite place to eat in Blair County?
It’s hard to chose just one… a quick go-to on a weekly basis would have to be 29th Street Pizza, Subs & More.
8. Name one thing you want to accomplish in your career:
Right now, a good balance between work and home is most important to me. I have accomplished this in my current role and it’s a nice feeling.
9. What is your favorite quote?
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Mark Twain