Chamber, Lakemont Park to Partner on Outdoor Trade Show
The “Buy Here. Thrive Here.” initiative continues to create opportunities to help local businesses get back on their feet. From a widespread media campaign to a gift card purchasing program aimed at helping bars and restaurants, BHTH is in high-gear and getting set for the next great opportunity. The opportunity will take place on Friday, September 11th. From 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., the Chamber and Lakemont Park will partner on an outdoor trade show and community stress-free event, guaranteed to start everyone’s weekend on a high note. There will be food trucks, music and access to local businesses selling products and providing information. For a small fee, businesses can reserve display tables or areas to set-up tents inside and outside park pavilions. For more information, contact the Chamber at (814) 943-8151 or download the registration form below.
What does Buy Here. Thrive Here. mean to you?
* Buy Here. Thrive Here. is an offshoot of the Buy Here. Live Here. initiative that the Chamber introduced six years ago to show the advantages of local buying and the impact that it makes to the Blair County economy.
* Our quality of life is heavily influenced by our ability to support the businesses located here. It is those businesses that support the arts, the symphony, the little league baseball teams, etc. We really gain dramatically as a society through their efforts.
* Buy Here. Thrive Here. focuses on education and awareness. Our community needs to understand the reasons why it is so important to keep retail and hospitality dollars circulating here as opposed to sending them to other states (or countries).
* The Buy Here. Thrive Here. campaign will be accomplished through informational efforts, local media buys and marketing novelties that call attention to the message.
* Using Chamber publications, social media and other informational sources, we will create a plan to recognize and promote our investors so that others in the community can see which businesses/individuals have stepped forward to help.
* Buy Here. Thrive Here., is not a campaign to discriminate against big-box stores. The big-box stores in our county pay business taxes, hire our people and, in many cases, help to underwrite many of our charitable causes. Some are also Chamber members.
* We will continue to look for additional opportunities to align with efforts like The PA 30-Day Fund which directs grants/loans to businesses that need them most.